Our journey towards a more sustainable footprint
The global challenges that the world is facing require responsible leadership and systematic work for change. Being one of the world’s largest consumer businesses, the fashion industry plays a key role for a more sustainable society and we need to take an active part in this work. We believe that we can never afford to stop, and our work relies on the foundational idea that every single part of the chain counts – from suppliers through co-workers to customers. We can always get better, and we want to inspire people to help us contribute to a better tomorrow. Together, we can B. Tomorrow – and that is the umbrella name for our sustainability work.
B. Tomorrow is a way for us to express our belief that a sustainable approach to products and partners is necessary to be relevant as a brand for the future consumer.
Our work is divided into three different key focus areas with specific targets down to every part of our business and is linked to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
The three different key focus areas are:
- Responsible production
- Decreasing footprint
- Driving sustainable consumption.
OUR PROMISE AND GOALS
OUR GOALS 2022
- Sustainably sourced fibres in 100% of collections developed in 2022 (AW23). All qualify for B. Tomorrow.
- All packaging FSC certified and/or recycled material. All packaging easily recyclable.
- All store interiors fully recyclable and recycled.
- 100% sustainable export materials in the supply chain (export cartons and polybags).
- 30% lower GHG emissions by 2030.
- Full transparency and control in Tier 1, 2 and 3.
- To relentlessly work to reduce the environmental impact through sustainable materials and modern production techniques.
- To secure that human rights, good working conditions and fair salaries for workers in our factories are thoroughly followed.
- To enforce strict regulations around the usage of chemicals and water.
- To perform rigorous quality controls to secure long-lasting products with excellent fit.
- To work towards 100% recyclable store interiors, bags, hangers, packaging and signs, and renewable energy in our stores.
- To constantly work to find better solutions for sustainable logistics.
DO YOU THINK THAT THE SUSTAINABILITY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS A BIT MUCH TO CHEW?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Try our sustainability site light!