Our journey towards a more sustainable footprint
The global challenges that the world is facing require responsible leadership and systematic work for change. Being one of the world’s largest consumer businesses, the fashion industry plays a key role for a more sustainable society and we need to take an active part in this work. We believe that we can never afford to stop, and our work relies on the foundational idea that every single part of the chain counts – from suppliers through co-workers to customers. We can always get better, and we want to inspire people to help us contribute to a better tomorrow. Together, we can B. Tomorrow – and that is the umbrella name for our sustainability work.
B. Tomorrow is a way for us to express our belief that a sustainable approach to products and partners is necessary to be relevant as a brand for the future consumer.
Our work is divided into three different key focus areas with specific targets down to every part of our business and is linked to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
The three different key focus areas are:
- Responsible production
- Decreasing footprint
- Driving sustainable consumption.
OUR PROMISE AND GOALS
OUR GOALS 2019
• Sustainable fibres in 70% of collections developed in 2019 (Autumn/Winter -20 collection; AW20)
• No conventional cotton in collections developed in 2019 (AW20)
• 20% B. Tomorrow printing and 20% B. Tomorrow dyeing in range by AW20
• 80% transparency in our supply chain by 2020
• All packaging FSC certified and/or recycled material
• Carbon footprint down with 40% vs. 2013
• Air freight maximum 2% of shipments