About Björn Borg
The Björn Borg Group owns and develops the Björn Borg brand. The focus of the business is underwear, sports apparel and bags as well as the licensing of footwear and eyewear. Björn Borg products are sold in around 20 markets, the largest of which are Sweden and the Netherlands.
The Björn Borg Group has operations at every level from branding to consumer sales in its own Björn Borg stores and e-commerce. Operations comprise brand development and services for the network of licensees and distributors as well as product development in the core underwear and sports apparel businesses. The Group is also responsible for distribution of underwear and sports apparel in Sweden, England, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany as well as footwear in Sweden, Finland and the Baltic countries.
The Björn Borg share has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2007.
2020 BY THE NUMBERS
- The Group’s net sales decreased 6.8 percent to SEK 705.2 million (756.9). Excluding currency effects, the decrease was 5.8 percent.
- Net sales for own e-commerce increased 38 percent to SEK 83.3 million (60.2). Net sales for own e-commerce and e-tailers amounted to SEK 227.8 million (195.0), an increase of 17 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 52.5 percent (53.7).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 33.7 million (51.4).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 18.8 million (38.9).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.75 (1.55).
- The Board of Directors has decided to propose to the Annual General Meeting a distribution of SEK 1.50 (0.00) per share, corresponding in total to SEK 37.7 million (0.0).
Brand sales for the full-year 2020 decreased to SEK 1,498 million (1,640), or by 9 percent. Excluding currency effects, brand sales decreased by 8 percent. (See definitions on page 93 in the Annual Report for 2020.)
THE BJÖRN BORG BRAND
Björn Borg is distinguished by creative products with the brand’s typically sporty identity – products that make customers feel active and attractive. A passion for sports fashion and willingness to challenge the industry shine through our marketing communications and product development.
The Björn Borg brand was established in the Swedish apparel market in the first half of the 1990s and today has a strong position in its established markets, particularly for the largest product group, underwear.
Björn Borg is represented in around 20 markets, the largest of which are Sweden and the Netherlands.
One new outlet was opened during the year in Netherlands, while two stores were closed: one in Sweden and one in England. At year-end, there were 32 (33) Björn Borg stores, 29 (30) of which are Group-owned.