About Björn Borg
The Björn Borg Group owns and develops the Björn Borg brand. The focus of the business is underwear, sports apparel and bags as well as the licensing of footwear, eyewear and home products (bedding and towels). Björn Borg products are sold in around 20 markets, of which Sweden and the Netherlands are the largest.
The Björn Borg Group has operations at every level from branding to consumer sales in its own Björn Borg stores and e-commerce. Operations comprise brand development and services for the network of licensees and distributors as well as product development in the core underwear and sports apparel businesses. The Group is also responsible for distribution of underwear and sports apparel in Sweden, England, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany as well as footwear in Sweden, Finland and the Baltic countries.
The Björn Borg share has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2007.
2019 by the numbers
- The Group’s net sales rose 6.7 percent to SEK 756.9 million (709.6). Excluding currency effects, the increase was 3.7 percent.
- Net sales for own e-commerce and e-tailers amounted to SEK 194.6 million (160.0), an increase of 21.6 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 53.7 percent (57.4).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 51.4 million (71.0).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 38.9 million (59.9).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 1.55 (2.39).
- The Board of Directors has decided to propose to the Annual General Meeting that no dividend be paid for the financial year 2019.
Brand sales for the full-year 2019 increased to SEK 1,640 million (1,603), or by 2 percent. Excluding currency effects, brand sales only increased marginally. (See definitions on page 93 in the annual report.)
The Björn Borg brand
Björn Borg is distinguished by creative products with the brand’s typically sporty identity – products that make customers feel active and attractive. A passion for sports fashion and willingness to challenge the industry shine through our marketing communications and product development.
The Björn Borg brand was established in the Swedish apparel market in the first half of the 1990s and today has a strong position in its established markets, particularly for the largest product group, underwear.
Björn Borg is represented in around 20 markets, the largest of which are Sweden and the Netherlands.
Four new stores were opened during the year: three in Finland and one in Netherlands, while five stores were also closed: two in Sweden, two in Belgium and one in Norway. At year-end there were 35 (36) Björn Borg stores, 31 (31) of which are Group-owned.