- Investment case
- Financial data
- Risks, uncertainties and risk management
- The Björn Borg share
- Interim reports
- Annual reports
- Financial presentations
Why invest in Björn Borg?
Sports apparel huge market
While maintaining a strong position in male underwear in our core markets, we are gaining ground within sports apparel.
The awareness of our brand is very high – market leader in the Nordics with a strong continental bridgehead in the Benelux.
Brand that reaches end consumers through any channel
Björn Borg has, during the past few years, shifted its focus from own retail to our own and other retailers’ online shops, while maintaining business with traditional wholesale customers. Our own e-com business is rapidly gaining ground.
Björn Borg has a history of solidity and an operating margin of over 8%. The continuously refined business model is one of the explanations behind the high solidity.
Focus on profitability in all channels.
Safe equity ratio of above 50% and secured long-term financing.
Long-term financial objectives
- Annual sales growth of minimum 5 percent.
- Aiming for an operating margin of a minimum of 10 percent.
- An annual dividend of at least 50 percent of net profit.
- The equity/assets ratio should not fall below 35 percent.
Framework of success
We use a simple framework that offers the key to our future success. We call it the “Björn Borg Framework for Performance”.
Focus on three cross-functional strategic themes:
- Consumer-centric organisation. The product is not sold until the consumer has it.
- Build one sports fashion brand. We look the same and sound the same on all channels.
- Our biggest asset is the team. We have a strong value-based performance culture, including a process for organisational efficiency.
The people who train to live, not live to train.
- Our target group is wide. It is not that of the training freak. It is a person that knows that life is more than what they lift, run or bend.
- Data-driven communication – our communication is based on facts and data based on market insights.
- Our direct relationship with our target group in social media builds trust and loyalty.
The Björn Borg management team has one representative & specialist of every function within the company. These functional areas are, apart from CEO: Design, product development and sustainability; creative direction, global operations, finances, marketing, e-commerce, sales and human resources.
The management team is evaluated each year in an anonymous employee survey and enjoys an 84% trust in their work, while the company’s middle management gets an equivalent of 88%. The employee engagement rate is 83%.