January 1 – March 31, 2007
- Brand sales increased by 75 percent to SEK 513 million (293).
- The Group’s net sales rose by 60 percent to SEK 118.7 million (74.2).
- Operating profit rose by 109 percent to SEK 31.4 million (15.1).
- Profit after tax increased by 108 percent to SEK 22.6 million (10.9).
- Earnings per share increased by 102 percent to SEK 3.84 (1.89). Calculated after the share split in April 2007, earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.96 (0.47).
- The gross profit margin amounted to 50.4 percent (48.3).
- Two new concept stores were opened: one Group-owned store in Sweden and one franchise store in the Netherlands.
- On February 21, 2007 the Company completed a new share issue that generated proceeds of approximately SEK 100 million.
- New operational goals and financial targets have been established by the Board of Directors.
- The Company completed a 4-for-1 share split on April 27, 2007.
- Björn Borg AB was listed on May 7, 2007 on the Stockholm Stock Exchange’s Nordic Mid Cap list.
- The Parent Company changed its name from Worldwide Brand Management AB to Björn Borg AB.
Comments from the President
“The expectations Björn Borg faces are high – from ourselves and from the capital market – and I am proud that we continue to produce such fine results. The quarter shows that we are growing strongly in our more established markets, and we are also beginning to gain a foothold in our newer markets, England and Germany, with a number of new retailers expected by autumn,” says Nils Vinberg, President of Björn Borg.
Upcoming information dates
Interim report January-June 2007 will be released on August 16, 2007
Interim report January-September 2007 will be released on November 15, 2007
Year-end report 2007 will be released on February 13, 2008