January 1 – March 31, 2008
- Brand sales* increased by 34 percent to SEK 689 million (513).
- The Group’s net sales rose by 17 percent to SEK 138.7 million (11 8.7).
- The gross profit margin was 51.9 percent (50.4).
- Operating profit rose by 16 percent to SEK 36.5 million (31.4).
- Profit after tax increased by 19 percent to SEK 26.8 million (22.6).
- Earnings per share increased by 12 percent to SEK 1.07 (0.96). Fully diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.07 (0.94).
Comment from the President
“Like many others in the industry, we experienced generally tougher market conditions during the first quarter. That is why we are especially pleased to report double-digit growth, although lower than before, and continued high profitability. We see this as proof that we are doing the right things – by building the brand and developing the business,” says President Nils Vinberg.
For further information, please contact:
Nils Vinberg, President and CEO
Tel: +46 8 506 33 700 or +46 708 6311 01
Björn Borg AB
SE-11 8 30 Stockholm, Sweden
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this report in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
The information was released for publication on May 7, 2008 at 7:30 a.m.