Fourth quarter, October 1 – December 31, 2008
- Brand sales* decreased by 9 percent to SEK 594 million (651).
- The Group’s net sales decreased by 6 percent to SEK 131.2 million (139.8).
- The gross profit margin was 54.1 percent (53.8).
- Operating profit decreased by 38 percent to SEK 26.0 million (42.3). Before non-recurring costs operating profit was SEK 31,0 million.
- Profit after tax decreased by 26 percent to SEK 22.8 million (30.3).
- Earnings per share decreased by 26 percent to SEK 0.91 (1.22). Fully diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.91 (1.22).
The period January 1 – December 31, 2008
- Brand sales* increased by 10 percent to SEK 2,463 million (2,237).
- The Group’s net sales rose by 6 percent to SEK 526.6 million (494.9).
- The gross profit margin was 53.8 percent (53.6).
- Operating profit decreased by 9 percent to SEK 128.8 million (142.1). Before non-recurring costs operating profit was 133,8 million.
- Profit after tax decreased by 3 percent to SEK 99.2 million (102.1).
- Earnings per share decreased by 5 percent to SEK 3.96 (4.18). Fully diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 3.96 (4.17).
- The Board of Directors has decided to recommend that the Annual General Meeting approve a dividend of SEK
Comment from the President
“The fourth quarter was weaker as a whole, but there were also positive signs in the form of continued interest in the
brand. With tougher market conditions, it is even more important to be clearly positioned, which is why we are evaluating
the company’s future strategy. The challenge is to strengthen our position in the world by seeking out the right
partners in the right locations and keeping in mind what we are best at – underwear,” says President Arthur Engel.
- Estimated total sales of Björn Borg products at the consumer level, including VAT, based on reported wholesale sales.
For further information, please contact:
Arthur Engel, President and CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Johan Mark, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Björn Borg AB
SE-11 8 30 Stockholm, Sweden
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this report in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
The information was released for publication on February 18, 2009 at 7:30 a.m. (CET).