1 April – 30 June, 2017
- The Group’s net sales increased by 10.4 percent to SEK 134.8 million (122.2). Excluding currency effects sales increased by 7.2 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 52.1 percent (53.5).
- The operating loss amounted to SEK 0.3 million, against a year-earlier profit of SEK 0.3 million.
- The loss after tax was SEK 3.3 million, against a year-earlier loss of SEK 2.2 million.
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK –0.11 (–0.09).
1 January – 30 June, 2017
- The Group’s net sales increased by 14.4 percent to SEK 320.5 million (280.2). Excluding currency effects sales increased by 12.4 percent.
- The gross profit margin was 50.3 percent (51.5).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 6.5 million (14.2).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 1.7 million (4.3).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.07 (0.20).
Quote from the CEO
“In summing up the second quarter there are several victories to celebrate with a big payoff from our focus on social media, where we are increasing awareness of our sportswear brand in Sweden and the Netherlands. We are strengthening our position in customer surveys on which underwear men prefer and we have successfully continued to establish performance underwear, i.e., functional underwear for both men and women. I can lastly add that our efforts in 2016 to improve deliveries and raise efficiencies have proven very successful. We are increasing delivery reliability at the same time that we reduced costs in the second quarter of 2017,” said CEO Henrik Bunge.
For further information, please contact:
Henrik Bunge, CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Daniel Grohman, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Björn Borg is required to make public the information in this interim report according to the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation.
The information was released for publication on August 18, 2017 at 07:30 am (CET).